3 days 2 nights to Baños
What you'll do
Quito - Cotopaxi-Quilotoa -Baños
- See the majestic Cotopaxi Volcano, one of Ecuador’s most famous sights and one of the highest volcanoes in the world. (Cotopaxi)
- Visit the lookout point for the incredible Quilotoa Lagoon, located inside the crater of an active volcano. (Quilotoa)
- Ride the “Swing at the End of the World” at La Casa del Árbol where you can look out at the epic Mt. Tungurahua Volcano and the vast Ecuadorian wilderness below. (Baños)
- Go for a dip in some relaxing natural thermal baths. (Baños)
- Visit the stunning Pailon del Diablo (Devil’s Cauldron) waterfall. (Baños)
- Ride a cable car over the Pastaza River for extraordinary panoramic views of waterfalls, mountains, and beautiful jungle landscapes. (Baños)
- Visit the San Martín Adventure Park for zip-lining, canopy walks, trekking and other thrilling activities. (Baños)
- If you don´t have a pick up confirmation one day befothe the tour please write us +593 983359-796
- Breakfast and overnight accommodation included in price of tour.
- Lunch and evening meals not included.
- Make sure to bring appropriate clothing for high altitude climate.
- Wear sunscreen. The sun can be quite dangerous this close to the equator.
- Bring insect repellent for your stay in Baños.
- See the itinerary below for your plan
- The order of the itinerary may vary.
Quito – Cotopaxi
Direct pick-up from your hostel or hotel in Quito to begin the trip to Cotopaxi.
Arrive at the Machachi. Here we will have the chance to enjoy a delicious breakfast and observe the stunning Cotopaxi Volcano, one of the country’s most famous sights.(breakfast included)
Cotopaxi National Park
Visit the park’s interpretation center to learn more about the fauna and flora of the place.
In this place you can try the famous coca tea to recharge your batteries (tea not included)
Visit the Limpiopungo lagoon, on the way you will observe local fauna and flora, you can observe: quiriquingues, bears, white-tailed deer, llamas, wild horses and many birds.
Hike up to 15,958 feet (4,864 meters above sea level
We will make the journey from the base to the parking lot of the national park at 4,500 meters above sea level, upon reaching the parking lot we will start the walk to the refuge at 4,864 meters above sea level.
Remember to wear comfortable shoes for the walk.
Late lunch (4h00 PM aproxemately)
Stop for lunch at a local in the area. (Lunch not included)
After lunch, check in is done and
Free afternoon in Chuquiragua
Recommended activity: walk in the surroundings, relaxing time by the campfire.
Note: Stay in Chuquiragua lodge or similar hotel.
Cotopaxi -Quilotoa – Baños
Morning in Cotopaxi.
Enjoy breakfast before heading out for the day (included at accommodation).
Pick up in Chiquiragua to start the adventure to Quilotoa.
Arrive in the community of Quilotoa where we will enjoy a view of the Quilotoa lagoon, an incredible turquoise lake located just inside the caldera of an active volcano.
We will make the walk to the lagoon, so you can enjoy the landscape.
At the end of the walk we will have time for lunch.
Departure from Quilotoa to Baños
Stop at the Toachi Canyon, short walk to enjoy this place
Stop in Tigua to learn about local crafts, you will meet artists from Tigua who are rescuing their culture.
Arrival to Baños in the afternoon
Swing at the end of the world
Visit the famous “Swing at the end of the world” at La Casa del Arbol and admire the wonderful views of the mountainous landscapes.
Free afternoon in Baños
Recommended activity: visit the nearby thermal baths that gave Baños their name and enjoy a relaxing bath in these healing pools.
We will take you and wait while you enjoy the pools
Check in, Night in Baños.
Baños – Quito
Morning in Baños.
Enjoy breakfast before heading out for the day (included at accommodation). Pick up at the hotel to start the day’s activities.
San Martín Adventure Park
Do extreme activities in the San Martin adventure park, the entrance is not included, we include the transfer and visit accompanied by the guide.
After the extreme activities we started the waterfall route:
Devil´s Cauldron waterfall, Pailón del diablo:
Visit the impressive Pailon del Diablo waterfall (Devil’s Caldera), we will take a walk until we reach the waterfall to feel its strength and power.
Cross the river on the cable car and enjoy one of the most extraordinary views you’ve ever seen, with 360-degree views of waterfalls, mountains, and beautiful jungle landscapes.
After the activities we will make a stop for lunch, you can try typical dishes of the area (lunch not included)
Return from Baños to Quito approximate arrival time at 7:00 p.m. We will drop you off at your hotel within the three drop off areas: La Carolina, Foch Plaza, Old town.
If you have a more remote lodging, ask for the upgrades.
Optional activities in Baños:
You can use the third day to perform extreme activities, quote with us the following services:
Canyoning, rafting, paragliding, bungee jumping and many more.
- Direct pick-up from hostel/hotel in Quito from the 3 main areas: La Carolina, Plaza Foch, Plaza Grande.
- Transport to viewing point for the impressive Cotopaxi Volcano.
- Transport to viewing point for the breathtaking, turquoise-colored Quilotoa Lagoon.
- Transport to the town of Baños.
- Entrance to the famous “Swing at the End of the World” at La Casa del Árbol for stunning views.
- Entrance to viewing point for the majestic Pailon del Diablo waterfall.
- Cable car ride over the river for incredible panoramic views.
- 3 breakfasts.
- All taxes and entrance fees.
- 2 overnight stays at a top-quality accommodation in Cotopaxi and Baños.
- Transport back to your hotel or hostel in Quito in the 3 main areas.
- Lunch and evening meals.
- San MArtin Adventure Park.
Easter weekend holidays. Hostel and tour prices increase during this period. We will not be able to assist you booking any accommodations during this period. Please book in advance.
ECUADORIAN INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATIONS
Biggest public holidays of the year. Hostel and tour prices increase during this period. MUST book accommodation in advance!
3 PAX + = 199 USD each
2 PAX = 259 USD each
1 PAX = 399 USD each