3 days 2 nights Cotopaxi and Baños
What you'll do
- Visit Cotopaxi National Park, where you’ll be able to see panoramic views of the famous Cotopaxi Volcano. (Cotopaxi)
- If you’re lucky, you’ll have the chance to spot some of the park’s native wildlife. Species that call the park home include wolves, rabbits, bears and condors. (Cotopaxi)
- Take a guided hike to the Limpiopungo Lagoon, a stunning glacial lake in the shadow of the Cotopaxi Volcano. (Cotopaxi)
- Visit the José Rivas Refuge, the most popular base camp for mountaineers planning to climb the volcano. (Cotopaxi)
- Enjoy free use of the spa area at the Chuquiragua Lodge, including both a jacuzzi and sauna. Massages are also available at an extra cost. (Cotopaxi)
- Visit the lookout point for the incredible Quilotoa Lagoon, located inside the crater of an active volcano. (Quilotoa)
- Ride the “Swing at the End of the World” at La Casa del Árbol where you can look out at the epic Mt. Tungurahua Volcano and the vast Ecuadorian wilderness below. (Baños)
- Go for a dip in some relaxing natural thermal baths. (Baños)
- Visit the stunning Pailon del Diablo (Devil’s Cauldron) waterfall. (Baños)
- Ride a cable car over the Pastaza River for extraordinary panoramic views of waterfalls, mountains, and beautiful jungle landscapes. (Baños)
- Breakfast and overnight accommodation included in price of tour.
- Lunch and evening meals not included.
- Make sure to bring appropriate clothing for high altitude climate.
- Wear sunscreen. The sun can be quite dangerous this close to the equator.
- Bring insect repellent for your stay in Baños.
- See the itinerary below for an hour by hour plan.
Full Day Cotopaxi Tour With Overnight Stay
Direct pick-up from your hostel or hotel in Quito to begin the trip to Cotopaxi (exact time will depend on which neighborhood you are located in).
Arrive at the Chuquiragua Lodge and catch your first views of the stunning Cotopaxi Volcano, one of the country’s most famous sights.
Enjoy a delicious breakfast with generous portions to keep you energized for a full day of exploring Cotopaxi National Park.
Enter Cotopaxi National Park and visit interpretation center.
Hike to the Limpiopungo Lagoon, a stunning glacial lake in the shadow of the Cotopaxi Volcano.
Visit the José Rivas Refuge, the main base camp for the volcano. Continue to a scenic lookout point to take in some unbelievable panoramic views of the Cotopaxi Volcano.
Return to the Chuquiragua Lodge for an afternoon lunch surrounded by gorgeous landscapes.
Free Evening at Chuquiragua Lodge
Enjoy free use of the lodge’s spa area, complete with jacuzzi and sauna. Massages are also available at an extra cost.
Quilotoa and Baños With Overnight Stay
Morning at Chuquiragua Lodge
Enjoy breakfast before the trip to Baños (included with your tour).
Depart Chuquiragua Lodge.
Arrive at Quilotoa Village where we will take in a view overlooking the Quilotoa Lagoon, an unbelievable turquoise-colored lake located right inside the caldera of an active volcano.
Arrive at Baños in the early afternoon.
Visit the famous “Swing at the End of the World” at La Casa del Árbol and take in an amazing view of the gorgeous mountain landscapes.
Free evening in Baños
Recommended activity: visit the nearby thermal baths which gave Baños its name and go for a relaxing dip in these healing pools.
Full Day Baños Tour And Return to Quito
Morning in Baños.
Enjoy breakfast before heading out for the day (included at accommodation).
Pick-up at Juan Montalvo Park (main Baños drop-off point) to begin the day’s activities.
Visit the stunning Pailon del Diablo (Devil’s Cauldron) waterfall.
Ride a cable car over the Pastaza River and experience one of the most extraordinary sights you’ve ever seen, with 360 degree views of waterfalls, mountains, and beautiful jungle landscapes.
Optional visit to the San Martín Adventure Park for zip-lining, canopy walks, rock climbing, trekking and more (additional cost of $20).
Depart Baños in the late afternoon and begin the trip back to Quito.
Direct drop-off at your hotel/hostel in Quito.
- Direct pick-up from hostel/hotel in Quito.
- Transport to viewing point for the impressive Cotopaxi Volcano.
- Transport to viewing point for the breathtaking, turquoise-colored Quilotoa Lagoon.
- Transport to the town of Baños.
- Visit to the famous “Swing at the End of the World” at La Casa del Árbol for stunning views.
- Transport to viewing point for the majestic Pailon del Diablo waterfall.
- Cable car ride over the river for incredible panoramic views.
- 3 breakfasts.
- All taxes and entrance fees.
- Overnight stays at the Chuquiragua Lodge in the foothills of the Cotopaxi Volcano.
- Overnight stays at a top-quality accommodation in Baños.
- Transport back to your hotel or hostel in Quito
- Lunch and evening meals.
NIGHT IN COTOPAXI
Overnight accommodation after your tour of Cotopaxi will be at the lovely Chuquiragua Lodge located in the foothills of the Cotopaxi Volcano.
Bed in shared dorm room
UPGRADES (paid directly to lodge):
Single private room: additional cost of $25
DOUBLE or TRIPLE room: additional cost of $15 per person
In house restaurant
Easter weekend holidays. Hostel and tour prices increase during this period. We will not be able to assist you booking any accommodations during this period. Please book in advance.
ECUADORIAN INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATIONS
Biggest public holidays of the year. Hostel and tour prices increase during this period. MUST book accommodation in advance!