Mitad del Mundo tour from Quito
In the Mitad del Mundo tour from Quito we will visit:
- Mitad del Mundo Complex
- Equatorial line experiences
- Free time to visit other museum
Departures form Naciones Unidas Boulevard (Av. Shyris & Av. Naciones Unidas)
How to get
Middle of the World Touristic Complex
Visit the Equatorial Museum of 30 meters high built in honor of the geodesic mission. Guided tour of Ancestral Homes and Plaza del Cacao.
Experiences on the Equinoctial Line
Tour inside the complex where you can see didactic demonstrations of phenomena that manifest in the equinoctial zone.
Free time to visit other museos: Intiñan (entrance not included)
Return to Quito
Enjoy your comfortable return to Quito. Drop-off at your hotel is also included.
End of tour.
The Mitad del Mundo day tour from Quito includes
- Tourist Transport
- Bilingual Guide (English – Spanish)
- Mitad del Mundo Complex entrance
- Other details not specified
- Intiñan or Agave museum entrace
What to bring
- Vaccination certificate
- Face mask
- Comfortable shoes
- Passport, to get an official stamp of the Middle of The World
We stopped a number of places we weren’t expecting to see which added to the experience, and we passed though the areas where Jessy and David were born and grew up, which made us realise how in touch with the local area they both were.
On top of all of this the views were stunning, and although it was a long day overall we felt the time passed by quickly with watching the landscape. Not to mention the waterfalls. I would also recommend the zip lining through the jungle!
If you are interested in not only seeing the beautiful views but hearing about the local area definitely choose this tour. We’ll be back!
Jimmy the driver is a very experienced South American driver familiar with the local flow and areas. He was consistently safe and efficient.
Highly recommend the tour! Be ready to hike!
If you want to explore everything about the Middle of the World, a private tour to the Middle of the World is the best option for you because you will visit 3 museums located in this area and you will learn about our culture, gastronomy and of course about the equator:
- Visit the Temple of the Sun Museum, this museum belongs to Cristóbal Ortega, the fastest artist in the world. Inside you will learn about natural essences and traditional medicine, you will also appreciate the art of this important Ecuadorian artist and the indigenous traditions on the equator.
- Visit the Intiñan Museum, in this museum you will learn about the Ecuadorian line and you will do some exercises with the magnetism of the earth and you can become an egg master by putting an egg on a nail.
- Visit the Middle of the World Complex, you will tour the monument and have the best photographs jumping from one hemisphere to another, you will also learn about the geodesic mission and its importance in this territory.
- Optional visit, we can go to the Agave house to learn about this plant and the elaboration of Miske (tequila), this drink is very important for the communities of the páramo.
- At the end of this tour you will know why Quito is so special and why the weather always behaves the same way.
- NOTE: Bring your passport if you want to have the stamp of the Middle of the World.
Duración del tour privado a la Mitad del Mundo: 8 horas
- Transporte turístico, guía bilingüe, entrada al museo Templo del sol, entrada al museo Intiñan, entrada al Complejo Mitad del Mundo.
- Alimentos, propinas, entrada a Casa Agave (10 USD Por persona)
Shared Tour from $ 30
Private tour from 59
$ 59 / person (4+ passengers)
$ 79 / person (3 passengers)
$ 85 / person (2 passengers)
$ 179 / person (1 passenger)
From $30 USD